Friday, February 29, 2008

Wisdom


Some people pay for wisdom, I pay to get rid of it. Ha.

3 down, 1 to go.

I'm talking about my wisdom tooth. Made a trip to my neighbourhood dentist to get the upper right one done & over with. Apparently, it is impacted,which means u have to remove it so it stops bugging u, which means u have to get your gums cut & bloody,extract with ALOT OF FORCE, have the gums sewn back,which also means u get an MC & drink gooey stuff till u feel well enough to chew.

Who named it "wisdom" anyway? When my dentist held it up, all I saw was a pretty average, bloody slab of chipped thingy which looks tired & defeated, much like a soldier at the end of a long,long war. Disgusting.

Speaking of dental visits, it is never enjoyable, isn't it?

U lie there feeling quite helpless, the bright light shining on your face, having all kinds of weird, metallic objects in your mouth prodding your gums. Yelch.

What if the dentist is really cute? Would that make things better? I wouldn't know, if u get what I mean. :)
I must say it wasn't as bad as a year ago when I blew 1k on the bottom 2, (yes,1k on my medisave) Having my left cheek swell like a half-hearted balloon & spewing blood at 3am really was disconcerting.

Anyway, my dentist said I've got a nice, straight perfect set of teeth. Thinking back, it was something I've always taken for granted. But not anymore, I'm gonna take a renewed interest in toothpaste, mouthwash, flosses.. all that to preserve what I've taken for granted in like 24 years now.
Well, for one, a smile is really important. A nice, straight set of pink gums & pearly whites is such a positive turn-on ok. So, I'm working towards that. Caffeine drinks like coffee stain teeth I heard, so I'm now gonna have my cuppa from a straw ONLY. I hope people don't look at me funny.
Still not convinced you should brush/floss/gargle diligently?
Try sticking a piece of seaweed in between ur front teeth & smile a big one.
Have a good weekend (flossing away)






3 Comments:

Blogger PiGz said...

I have enuf space in my enormous mouth to grow more wisdom teeth. Sadly, I dun have straight pearlies like u; braces din help either. Hee. Hope you're ok now! :)

March 4, 2008 at 1:37 AM  
Blogger esta said...

Nono i dun have pearlies..jus a straight set of teeth:p
I'm good now..thanks! Can I link u?

March 4, 2008 at 10:08 PM  
Blogger PiGz said...

Feel free to link me up. However, I haven been updating my blog for ages. I'm planning to start a Chinese one though. I'll keep u informed :)

March 27, 2008 at 12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free hit counter html


Simple, Starving to Be Safe - Daphne Loves Derby