Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I miss Japan

God, time really flies.

I still remember the very first time I set foot into Tokyo, the famous bustling city of Japan. It was going to be a long stay, 6 weeks to be exact. Its a real pity that I've lost all the pictures taken during training, no thanks to my very old & obsolete pc which crashed..:( No worries though, the memories are mine for keeps.

Let me count the ways I love Japan:

-Great food . Succulent & fresh seafood & sashimi, melt-in your mouth sushi, Cutest strawberry confections, addictive Kirin milk tea, Pocky sticks of any flavour possible & i seriously haven't met someone who doesn't love Japanese food.

-Lovely Packaging. Whenever I get something, I can be sure it's always nicely done up. Think bows & ribbons; wrapping paper of every colour & texture. Receiving pretty gifts is such a delight.

- Heartfelt service. Serve staffs are generally obliging & polite. Makes for a great shopping experience i think.




Tokyo during my last flight..


Beautiful Sunset


The junction on a typical winter evening



My fave unagi; a must order & my batchgirl Yan's treat!

Although I've ditched my hard earned wings for a regular life, I'm never looking back. Cos sometimes there are things more important & valuable. Shopping in Manhattan & enjoying sashimi in Japan might be enviable to many, I agree.

But knowing that there's someone who loves you that you can go home to & snuggle under the covers every night?

Priceless .

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi gal,didnt know ur computer crashed.i've got photos,send them to u?let's go hang out at rin's when everyone's in sg k?don't seem to get to talk to you often.:>

February 1, 2008 at 12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes i know! I think its cos when we meet up always lots to catch up and end up chattering to whoever is beside us hee. Next time die die must sit beside u :p & yeah trg pics i lost them all..send me pretty please? i miss laughing at our super neat hair & red lippie look lol

February 1, 2008 at 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free hit counter html


Simple, Starving to Be Safe - Daphne Loves Derby