Sunday, February 17, 2008

I can't comprehend.


Relationships take alot of work.
On the surface, it seemed a simple enough indulgence. The eyes like what it sees, followed by that first hello, a positive chemical reaction that gets it racing & the heart is hooked.
And then u have that honeymoon period where u can't get enough of each other, when the mere mention of his/her name gives u a happy little rush much like the after effects of a perfect cup of hot chocolate on a rainy night.
Of cos if it were serious u would have come to the stage where u took each other for granted, knowingly or unknowingly.That's also when u would know the undesirable habits of your other half like the back of your hand. You know what makes them tick, & what sends them to sheer frustration.

When they say love conquers all I'm skeptic. I just can't say the same for love of the romantic kind.
We are attracted to someone because we admire the qualities they have , & we choose to be a big part of their lives because we like & want to live with this person dear to us, largely attributed to the very same qualities that person brought with into the rship.

But what happens when people change?

Change I had. Over the years my wants & needs & views have all altered somehow. Some for the better & some just killed my wallet.

But one thing remains unchanged.

I just want to feel valued & important whether in terms of words & actions not to just any Tom, Dick or Harry, but to that one person I pledge my devotion to.

This one thing is like the icing on the cake for me. If the cream on top tastes like overdone butter, I'm throwing away the whole slice cos literally,this is what takes the cake.

Listen, you.

If u were just Mr. XYZ I would have first requested for a slice with a perfect topping, to save myself the disappointment.

But its precisely that u are special that I would never want to state my expectations. Becos I knew u knew. And becos....

如果开口那只是我要来的温柔。
& pls, don't confuse me. Don't act like you know it for a week & forget all about it for a day. This, I truly can't comprehend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free hit counter html


Simple, Starving to Be Safe - Daphne Loves Derby